Wednesday, May 02, 2012

The steps to the dance

When the world wants to, starts to, cry
The rain is reflected in the blue of your eyes

Some days I am lost at home, and others I am at home lost.
But there is still no answer.

So you know, and you've known, me better than most
Which gives me relief when all else is lost

Lost, found, and here again
But feeling in between
And everything I do
You know it's all for you
But the times I forget or rebel
I know it hurts like hell

When everything seems falling apart
You'll still be a work of art

The days stretch into months and years
And tonight I cannot hide my fears
So open your eyes and say what needs to be said
Take a look around and swallow your dread
Remember that everything comes from a chance
And now maybe slowly we can start to dance

Remember to dance beneath the stars
Remember everything you are
The long dark nights will hide your fears
You know the rain will cover your tears
Remember the northern lights long ago
Remember all the things you used to know
The day comes with its hope and its sorrow
Another day here, another day borrowed
Remember how the things were once
And now you remember the steps to the dance

No comments: